I called Michael Zullo, the head of Sheriff Arpaio’s Cold Case Posse, on Sunday afternoon to invite him to appear on RC Radio tomorrow night. He accepted and seemed eager to come on the show. That was until he talked to his boss Jerome Corsi. I knew that things were going south when Zullo copied Jerome Corsi on an email reply to me. It seems that Zullo is taking his marching orders from Corsi. When I sent the details of the show to Mr. Zullo he immediately asked if I wanted to invite Dr. Corsi to appear with him. Why would I want to invite a journalist to appear with someone who was supposed to have headed up an impartial investigative body? I wanted to hear Mr. Zullo’s story and not from someone who has been trying to profit on the Birther issue for three years. I agreed to let Corsi participate but only after I had at least a 30 minute interview with Zullo. It would seem that Michael Zullo doesn’t make a move without consulting his puppet master Jerome Corsi. Mr. Zullo has now backed out of his commitment.
I can understand that Jerome Corsi would want to duck tough questions. He is out to make money on his pathetic books filled with lies that he cannot defend. He is fully aware of that and chooses safe venues like the Alex Jones program. However, Michael Zullo is a quasi-public official. The Cold Case Posse operated “in the public interest” and under the color of authority of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office. Mr. Zullo should be willing to stand up and defend his credentials, his investigation, and his conclusions. Apparently, he is not.
“I have a few questions” for Michael Zullo:
Questions for Michael Zullo Concerning the Cold Case Posse
- Could you briefly describe the mission of the Cold Case Posse?
- Sheriff Arpaio said that he created the CCP because 250 members of the Surprise AZ Tea Party questioned the authenticity of the President’s birth records. Do you agree that should be the basis for an official government investigation?
- Please briefly describe your background and qualifications to lead the CCP.
- Who were the other members of the CCP?
- Did you contact any officials at the White House or the State of Hawaii as part of your investigation?
- Did you attempt to obtain verification as an official government body of the place of the President’s birth under Hawaii statute 338-18(g)(4) that allows government attorneys to seek official verification of vital records information for purposes of legal proceedings. If so what was the response?
- Did you attempt to contact anyone at Fact Check who had viewed the Obama COLB in 2008?
- Were any of the “experts” you consulted certified forensic document examiners?
- Did you contact Ivan Zatkovich, Neal Krawetz, Jean-Claude Trembley, or John Woodman as part of the investigation? If not why not? Did you pick only “experts” who support a conclusion you had already reached?
- Did you contact any of the reporters who were at the White House briefing on April 27, 2011 who handled a paper document? That would include WND’s own reporter Les Kinsolving.
- What part did Jerome Corsi play in the formation of the CCP, the investigation, and the final report?
- Who is the narrator on the videos? Is it a Tea Party member and Obama critic Mark Gillar?
- Why is the interim report being sold instead of being published on the MCSO web site? Who is receiving the proceeds? Are you directly receiving a portion of the proceeds from the sales?
- The preliminary report seems to have been coped almost verbatim from World Net Daily articles that appeared over six months ago and from Jerome Corsi’s book. Why is that?
- You implied at the press conference that one “layer” in the pdf consisted only of the green security paper background. That is not true. Most of the form is also contained in that layer.
- Can you explain how a human would assemble the nine layers in the pdf you’ve identified? The layers seem to be random parts of the document? Why would a forger do that?
- What role did Mara Zebest play in the investigation and in writing the interim report? She is a well-documented Obama critic.
[More to come. I haven’t even touched the Selective Service record nonsense yet.]