He said that in “Zullo-speakTM” of course. The admission came during an interview on the Hagmann Report radio program on December 16th. Mike Zullo and Carl Gallups appeared the day after the December 15 final press conference of the Cold Case Posse.
At around the 1hr 34 minute time mark on the show Zullo began to address why he took the investigation in a completely different direction after 5 years:
Zullo as usual leaves out most of the details about what they did, and exactly who did it. His methodology is not documented at all.
It appears that this is what happened:
- FORLAB forensic laboratory in Italy was hired by Zullo.
- FORLAB looked at the metadata of the Obama 2010 tax returns posted in April 2011 at the White House web site. From the metadata they found the returns were scanned on a Xerox 7655. (We knew that three years ago. The metadata is quite easy to read in Adobe Reader.)
- FORLAB examined the JPG quantization matrices in the tax return document PDF and the LFBC PDF file and found they were similar so they concluded that the LFBC was also scanned on a Xerox WorkCentre 7655. Again blogger NBC discovered this three years ago and wrote about it. The quantization matrix is structured in 8×8 blocks on PDF’s scanned on a Xerox WorkCentre 7655 and other models.
- Zullo said they searched for the 2011 “software” from Xerox for a year. (It is actually machine firmware.)
- They finally got the firmware from a technician and installed it.
- Zullo said they ran many tests on the birth certificate with combinations of settings. This is obviously wrong since Zullo doesn’t have the original document. We can assume they scanned a printed copy of the birth certificate.
- Zullo said they were able to get results that were really close but not an exact match with nine layers.
- He said they got halos but they were different.
- Based on these results Zullo apparently had to abandon the claims from the first two press conferences.
- FORLAB was able to show that the LFBC PDF was definitely scanned on a Xerox WorkCentre 7655. “Obots” demonstrated this in 2013.
- By making a test document from the image posted on the Internet FORLAB was able to reproduce most of the anomalies in the LFBC PDF and produce a file that was “really close”. In 2013 I made as good a test document as could be made and got results that were extremely close even down to nine layers. Zullo as usual misses the point. The number of layers is random depending on many factors. Without the actual document scanned in the identical way you will never get a perfectly identical file. Even the same document scanned twice on the same machine will not produce identical PDF files.
- Zullo admitted that as a result the “evidence” from the first two press conferences was not “court ready”. Well I would go further and say it was nonsense and completely debunked.
I believe this clip gives us an insight as to why Zullo went dark for a couple of years and got distracted by the Seattle Operation. He admits going through some dark times and almost giving up. That is why in desperation and with the clock running out on Arpaio’s term they had to come out with the absurd theory that the Obama certificate was copied from the Ah’Nee certificate.
Hey Mike, we solved this mystery in 2013. I am glad you finally caught up. You can thank me any time.